Indulging yourself in life’s little luxuries may feel like a selfish way to spend time, especially if you have other responsibilities tugging at your time like family, home maintenance projects, household cleaning, and work.
But the truth is, taking care of yourself and making your needs a priority is a health necessity that can actually improve time management and lower stress levels—allowing you to be more present with family and able to tackle other responsibilities with a clear mind.
Here are 5 Tips to Move YOURSELF to the TOP of the List (do not procrastinate on THIS list…)
- Breathe – Breathe In. Breathe Out. Smile. Repeat. Breathe In. Breathe Out. Smile. Repeat.
- Get Active – DO whatever you enjoy doing that involves movement. Walk the dog, dance, hike, jump rope with the kids, for at least 30 minutes.
- Pull the Plug – Take a break from technology. Cut down on your Social Media. TV time. Internet use. You will have more time to get active!
- Be Grateful – Acknowledging what you have, as well as what you’ve accomplished, can drive compassion and caring for yourself. Take a few minutes each day to reflect on and acknowledge the things you’re grateful for, and write it down.
- Embrace and add laughter to your life – A good giggle has been shown to improve both your physical and mental health. Read a funny book, share a funny story with friends, or take an evening off and visit your local comedy club. #SelfCare #Now #Necessity