– April 22nd is the 50th anniversary of Earth Day –
Did you know that 85% of our discarded clothing ends up in a landfill?
5 tips on how to avoid acquiring too much clothing:
1. Take inventory in your closets.
2. Group items by season, category and color and write down how many of each item you own. Do you have duplicates?
2. If you find a category you overbuy, think about why.
3. Shop with a list. If you know your inventory, you’ll know which parts of your wardrobe need updating.
4. Keep your inventory or photos of your closet on your phone.
5. Consider what you already have before shopping.
6. Make better purchases and (please) give our Mother Earth some much-needed relief.