Today’s Goal: Organized and functional kitchen cupboards and drawers that contain ONLY the essentials and make necessary items easy to find.
Now that you’re inspired by your newly-cleared kitchen counter surfaces, it is time to dig a little deeper, into thos sometimes-scary-but-usually-hidden area behind the lazy-susan corner. YES, it is time to tackle your kitchen’s nooks and crannies (drawers and cabinets).
Quick tips to organize your kitchen cupboards and drawers.
- Take a “before” photo of your kitchen cabinets.
- Remove and put away any items that do not belong in the kitchen.
- Working ONE cabinet/drawer at a time #declutter each space.
- Sort items by type and use. Return items to appropriate cabinet or drawers.
- Immediately sell, toss or donate unwanted items.
- For NON-food items, keep only the kitchen tools or dishes that you use regularly and are in good working condition.
- For perishable items, keep ONLY the items that you use regularly.
- Do NOT keep items that you don’t use, don’t like, or are expired.
- Wipe down cabinets and drawers, oil the wood, line your cabinets and drawers.
- Create functional storage using containers or bins, and then label everything so every person in your household knows WHERE to put it away.
- Take an after picture and share it on Instagram tagging me @organizedbyburley or on facebook @organizedburley and let me know if you have any questions!