Your living room, by definition, is the hub of your home. Ideally, where everyone has a space to relax, play games, read and even watch TV. You can give new life to older and damaged items with a fresh coat of paint, a good cleaning, new pillows or pretty throw blankets. Again, toss out old magazines, paperwork and other items that pile up on the coffee table. Pare down on the knick knacks, books and even furniture that you no longer use or that your family has outgrown — perhaps even that old piano?
Todays’ goal: A clean, comfortable and inviting room for guests and family to gather, connect and relax.
- Take a “before” photo of your living room.
- Remove or put away items that do not belong in the living room.
- Clean walls, floors, pull up those couch cushions and vacuum.
- Keep items that are useful, in working order and items you LOVE and want to display.
- If you’re staging your home to sell, consider removing some furniture to make the room look bigger, or change the layout.
- Label storage containers, and sell or donate unwanted items.
- Please take an “After” photo of your newly organized living room and share it with me on Facebook or Instagram.