In 2020, working from home #WFH became the norm, even school from home for your kiddos too! Never has a functional space to take care of your bills, budget and schedule been so important. Plus creating a cheery, inviting space to perform that work not only uplifts your spirits but can help increase productivity.
Today’s Goal: A beautiful and inviting workspace where you can address work quickly and efficiently.
- Take a “before” photo.
- Remove and put away any items that belong in other rooms.
- Collect loose papers. (save for tomorrow’s task)
- Sort and #declutter > Empty, sort and organize all desk drawers using small containers or boxes. Keep only office supplies and items that you use frequently or can use up in the course of a year. (Donate your excess supplies to a school, church or local non-profit.)
- Organized office supplies into smaller containers. Put only frequently used items on the desktop, and all others go inside the drawers.
- Dust, clean and vacuum your desk/office area. Use compressed air to clean your keyboard. (don’t eat at the desk anymore, ok?)
- Organized your cords using zip ties and label each.
- Hang a bulletin board and display photos and inspirational quotes.
- Decorate and beautify! Add a plant, or vacation photos to keep you relaxed. However, be careful NOT to add more clutter to your workspace.
- Make sure your chair is comfortable, adjustable and ergonomic and that the space is well-lit and easy to navigate.
- Please share your “before/after” photos of how your project went for you in your stories on Instagram tagging me with @organizedbyburley or on facebook @organizedburley. I’d love to see your results and answer any questions that you might have!