Taming Your Piles of Mail
Yes. It seems like today’s goal is similar to yesterday’s goal, like a cousin. However, as an adult, you’ve learned that mail is more time sensitive than your latest People magazine, yes?!
So, today’s goal is a simple one.
Time needed: 1 hour
Create an easy-to-follow system that ensures all mail is dealt with in a timely manner
- Gather all of your mail paperclutter and take a “before” photo.
- Sort and toss/shred/recycle your junk mail, especially your address.
- Call and unsubscribe from catalogs you receive.
- Eliminate your junk mail.
Click this link to eliminate your junk mail in six easy steps.
- Select one location, and one day per week when your mail will be opened and bills paid.
Is that in your newly organized Home Base – or is this in your office? Either way, on that day, be sure to:
OPEN all mail, respond to all mail that requires a response.
PAY all bills and invoices.
Add DUE dates to your calendar (digital or paper) so nothing slips through the cracks.
- Do you want some feedback on your process?
Tag me @organizedbyburley on Instagram.